Friday, January 06, 2006

Organizing Music for TiVo

The TiVo Digital Music Player is well designed in it's simplicity. All you do is tell the TiVo Desktop the root folder containing your music and it will allow you to access the files excacly as you would see them on your computer. Unlike iTunes or Windows Media Player TiVo offers no help in organizing your music so a little file maintenance may be in order. This is how I set my music up to reduce the clicking to get to what I want to hear.

Most of my music is considered rock so I placed all the non-rock music in separate folders and prefixed the folder with 1 (e.g. 1 Classical, 1 Country, 1 Jazz). This keeps these folders together and at the top of the folder list. I also created a called "0 Playlists" to house the playlists. The 0 keeps this folder at the very top of the folder list. If you have a lot of music then playlists are the best way to listen to a variety of music. I am going to take about how I make playlists later.

Categories: ,

No comments: