Friday, January 06, 2006

Making Playlists for TiVo

Whether you are an Apple fan or not iTunes is a good program. I use iTunes to help me organize my music and ensure the tag information is correct. I also use it to make my playlists. The playlists are generated by an Excel program I created. I am giving the steps here but the program is not bullet-proof. I may post it later when I make it presentable.
  1. Create a playlist in iTunes.
  2. Right-click on the playlist and select "Export Song List..."
  3. Select a name and location for the file.
  4. Open Playlist application (Excel program).
  5. On the Info page make sure the "Save Playlist Files To:" box is filled in.
  6. Press the "Playlist from iTunes".
  7. You will be asked to find the song list that was exported from iTunes. Remember that it is a text file so if you don't see it in the folder check the filetype to make sure "All Types" is selected.
  8. The playlist will be created and placed in the folder you specified on the info page. If there is already a playlist by the same name you will be asked if you want to overwrite it.
Categories: ,

No comments: